Greeks, Romans and Arabs turned the hot springs into a fundamental element in the search for health and well-being, thanks to the healing properties of mineral-medicinal waters, benefits that have survived to this day. In this post we tell you more about them.
What is the Mineral-Medicinal Waters?
The mineral waters are those arising from the ground and contain mineral elements that provide specific therapeutic properties, very beneficial to the body to the drink it, inhale or apply on the skin. They are officially recognized with the title of Waters declared of Public Utility.
Depending on their composition, they have some or other health effects, as we will see later.
These waters can be found in spas, establishments that also have a medical service that prescribes the treatments and adequate facilities to apply the prescribed treatments.
They are attended by both healthy people and those who suffer from problems:
· Cardiovascular: tired legs, varicose veins, leg swelling, heart disease or hypertension.
· Psychosomatic: anxiety, stress, depression or phobias.
· Inflammatory and degenerative: arthritis, rheumatism, osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, or osteoporosis.
· Neurological: Parkinson's, migraines or Alzheimer's.
· Rheumatological: back pain, muscle contractures, preparation and recovery of athletes in competitions, recovery after accidents and / or surgeries.
· Dermatological: acne, dermatitis or eczema.
Mineral-medicinal waters and their health benefits
The minerals and temperature of mineral-medicinal waters produce chemical, biological and relaxing reactions in our body, thanks to its analgesic, anti-inflammatory, diuretic, antiseptic, antibacterial, depurative and sedative properties. Therefore, these waters can prevent diseases or alleviate existing ones.
Depending on their composition, they can have the following effects:
· Sulfurized: they act on the skin, the respiratory and locomotor systems.
· Sodiums are stimulants.
· Radioactive: they have an analgesic effect.
· Ferruginous: they favor the regeneration of the blood and improve the cases of anemia.
· Bicarbonated: they are advisable for digestive system problems.
· Carbonic: stimulate the appetite and promote the proper functioning of the circulatory system.
· Sulfated: they have a laxative and diuretic effect.
Thus, among the most important benefits of mineral-medicinal waters we can highlight:
· Improvement of skin problems, such as atopic dermatitis, psoriasis or lupus.
· Effectively combat stress, anxiety and depression.
· It has anti- inflammatory and sedative effects, necessary to relieve the symptoms of arthritis, osteoarthritis, low back pain, migraines or rheumatism.
· Purifying action that eliminates toxins through sweating.
· Stimulates the immune system, increasing defenses.
· Its diuretic effects facilitate weight loss treatments
Likewise, ingesting mineral-medicinal water also has health benefits, since due to its medium and oligometallic mineralization it can be taken as table water, and contributes to:
· Reduce fluid retention.
· Nourish and hydrate the skin.
· Avoid premature aging.
· Activate blood circulation.
If you still don't know about AFEMEFA Insurance, find out now about health insurance for the whole family and youth insurance.
You can get infections and illnesses that can affect your teeth, gums, and tongue. Some oral infections are more serious than others. But arming yourself with the knowledge of these common mouth infections, their causes, and typical signs can help you prevent them.